Health – All pets arriving must be in good health with vaccination records current. Any pet with signs of pest infestations will be treated at the owner’s expense. Grooming or bathing is recommended for all pet on departure date. Any pet requiring medical attention will be treated by our on-site veterinarian. Charges will be at the owner’s expense. Every effort will be taken to contact pet owner prior to treatment.
Required Vaccinations: The essential vaccinations for your pet are as follows:
Dogs: Rabies 1 or 3 year (puppies six months of age), DHLP 1 or 3 years
* Bordetella, administered within the previous 6 months, and more than seven days from a boarding reservation.
We recommend that your pet’s Bordetella vaccine be given intranasal or orally for more protection against this virus.
Cats: Rabies 1 or 3 years, FVRCP 1 or 3 years
All vaccination records must be from a licensed veterinarian. Additionally, we recommend that you maintain a topical or oral treatment against ticks and fleas in order to protect our resort from any contamination and thus protect all of the pets. We recommend topical solutions such as Advantage and Frontline or Nexgard chewable. These products are available from your veterinarian. We do not suggest collar prevention methods. Please talk to your veterinarian about your options and frequency of treatment.
* Bordetella is a vaccination to help prevent a condition known as “canine cough”. It has shown that this vaccination has less protection after six months, thus we recommend that it be administered within the six months prior to a boarding stay. It has also been a known fact that the vaccination can cause a break through and actually cause a mild form of canine cough so it is advisable that all Bordetella vaccinations be given a minimum of seven days prior to any boarding stay. Please note that Bordetella is a virus family of over 200 strains and that all vaccinations on the market today only cover about 30 of the most common strains. Bordetella vaccinations do not guarantee any protection from this virus, but it does help if the strains encountered are of the most common variety. Kozy Kennels takes care to make sure that all pets are vaccinated against canine cough, but we DO NOT take responsibility for any break through, or outbreaks in this large family of virus.
For 1st Visit Guests we do want your pet’s vaccination records to be faxed or emailed to us in advance – so we can verify that all of the vaccinations are current and up to date well prior to the arrival date. Fax to 508-339-0793 or email to email@example.com
Medication Administrations: No charge for medications, vitamins, food supplements, heartworm meds, or chewable meds if they are readily eaten from the hand or can be mixed in with their food. Extensive medications may be charged according to the administration times and frequency to be determined.
Geriatric Charges may be added if we deem necessary – Starting at $5 per day additional.
Sanitary Clean-Up, Baths & Full Groomings: Our policy is not to send home any smelly pets, thus any dog lodging may need a shampoo. We use our discretion (nose) on dogs to determine if they should have a shampoo and dry before being picked up.
Check Out: There is no charge for the day of departure if your pet is picked up prior to 10:00 am. Your pet can be picked up after 10:00 am, on the day of departure, if your pet is being grooming on that day. You will not be charged for boarding on the departure day if your pet is groomed on that day. If you know that you are not going to pick up prior to 10:00 am ***Thursday’s & Sunday’s PICK UP NO LATER THAN 9:00am*** and will be incurring another day of boarding charges, you may want to consider a bath or full grooming on the day of departure, rather than pay for another day of boarding.
Why my dog may need a bath before coming home? Boarded pets do not stay as clean as they do at home for several reasons. Dogs are very active while lodging. Although our staff is vigilant in scooping and cleaning, dogs may soil their feet and legs. Longer coated breeds will become more soiled than shorter coats. To ensure a happy and sweet smelling homecoming a bath & nails, or a shampoo & dry should be done before your pet departs.
Special Holiday Arrivals & Check Outs: Kozy Kennels does offer a special check out period on all holidays between the hours of 7:30 am – 9:00 am on the actual holiday date.
Payment: Payment in full is required at the time of checkout. We accept payment in the form of Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Debit Cards. We reserve the right to request a non-refundable deposit on all services.
Reservation Modifications: If you need to make changes to the number of days you have reserved to avoid being charged for the days reserved seven (7) days’ notice is required so we will have time to rebook the space that was reserved for your pet.
* The exceptions to this are Christmas and New Year’s. Changes for these holidays must be made by December 10th to avoid being charged for the days reserved.
Holidays – Pets with boarding reservations for February School Break, April School Break and Summer Break, Thanksgiving Break, and Christmas School Break, will be charged for all days reserved unless we receive a cancellation in a very timely manner.
What you should bring with your pet for boarding:
What most owners bring: Leash and Collar (dogs), carrier for cats; Medications, Vitamins, etc. (and written instructions); Veterinary information (inoculations, etc.); Information about your pet. For example: Is your dog aggressive? Does he/she climb? Does he/she chew? etc.; Emergency phone numbers? If you have made arrangements for someone else to pick up your pet from boarding, please let us know who that authorized person is and their telephone number. We do not release pets to anyone other than the owner unless prior arrangements have been made.
Some optional things you may want to pack: Diet & Treats: If you would like to keep to your pet’s own food in a zip loc bag. Please bring more than enough for the time that your pet will be here. Please bring extra food. You do not need to bring bowls or measuring cups. Bedding: We provide bedding. Toys: Feel free to bring a few of your pet’s toys. Something that reminds them of home. Please note dogs will chew. Even dogs beyond the chewing stage may chew when they’re away from home. We can’t guarantee you’ll get things back in the same condition as they came in.
Let Us Keep Your Pet Company
- On-site Veterinarian
- All-inclusive boarding rates
- Individual playtime in our spacious facilities
- Professional grooming & boarding services
- Friendly staff of pet enthusiast & professionals