Health – All pets arriving must be in good health with vaccination records current. Any pet with signs of pest infestations will be treated at the owner’s expense. Grooming or bathing is recommended for all pet on departure date. Any pet requiring medical attention will be treated by our on-site veterinarian. Charges will be at the owner’s expense. Every effort will be taken to contact pet owner prior to treatment.
Required Vaccinations: The essential vaccinations for your pet are as follows:
Dogs: Rabies 1 or 3 year (puppies six months of age), DHLP 1 or 3 years
* Bordetella, administered within the previous 6 months, and more than seven days from a boarding reservation during the time period from May 1st – October 15th when the canine cough virus is most prevalent. During the remaining months of the year we only require the vaccination to have been given annually. If you are a regular Kozy Kennel boarding client you may wish to schedule your annual vaccinations to be given the End of April or the 1st part of May in keeping with our summer Bordetella requirements.
We recommend that your pet’s first Bordetella vaccine be given intranasal (the NOSE DROP form) for more protection against this virus. Bordetella (Kennel Cough) is highly contagious and a nasty virus for which the Bordetella vaccines tends to lose efficiency around six months. Our requirement of within six months during the high humidity/hot weather months for this vaccination is an extra step we take to help protect your pet.
Cats: Rabies 1 or 3 years, FVRCP 1 or 3 years
All vaccination records must be from a licensed veterinarian. Additionally, we recommend that you maintain a topical or oral treatment against ticks and fleas in order to protect our resort from any contamination and thus protect all of the pets. We recommend topical solutions such as Advantage and Frontline or Nexgard chewable. These products are available from your veterinarian. We do not suggest collar prevention methods. Please talk to your veterinarian about your options and frequency of treatment.
For 1st Visit Guests we do want your pet’s vaccination records to be faxed or mailed to us in advance – (508)339-5776 so we can verify that all of the vaccinations are current and up to date well prior to the arrival date.
* Bordetella is a vaccination to help prevent a condition known as “canine cough”. It has shown that this vaccination has less protection after six months, thus we recommend that it be administered within the six months prior to a boarding stay. It has also been a known fact that the vaccination can cause a break through and actually cause a mild form of canine cough so it is advisable that all Bordetella vaccinations be given a minimum of seven days prior to any boarding stay. Please note that Bordetella is a virus family of over 200 strains and that all vaccinations on the market today only cover about 30 of the most common strains. Bordetella vaccinations do not guarantee any protection from this virus, but it does help if the strains encountered are of the most common variety. Kozy Kennels takes care to make sure that all pets are vaccinated against canine cough, but we DO NOT take responsibility for any break through, or outbreaks in this large family of virus.
Medication Administrations: No charge for medications, vitamins, food supplements, heartworm meds, or chewable meds if they are readily eaten from the hand or can be mixed in with their food. Extensive medications may be charged according to the administration times and frequency to be determined.
Geriatric Charges may be added if we deem necessary – Starting at $5 per day additional.
Sanitary Clean-Up, Baths & Full Groomings: Our policy is not to send home any smelly pets, thus any dog lodging may need a shampoo. We use our discretion (nose) on dogs to determine if they should have a shampoo and dry before being picked up.
Check Out: There is no charge for the day of departure if your pet is picked up prior to 10:00 am. Your pet can be picked up after 10:00 am, on the day of departure, if your pet is being grooming on that day. You will not be charged for boarding on the departure day if your pet is groomed on that day. If you know that you are not going to pick up prior to 10:00 am ***Thursday’s & Sunday’s PICK UP NO LATER THAN 9:00am*** and will be incurring another day of boarding charges, you may want to consider a bath or full grooming on the day of departure, rather than pay for another day of boarding.
Why my dog may need a bath before coming home? Boarded pets do not stay as clean as they do at home for several reasons. Dogs are very active while lodging. Although our staff is vigilant in scooping and cleaning, dogs may soil their feet and legs. Longer coated breeds will become more soiled than shorter coats. To ensure a happy and sweet smelling homecoming a bath & nails, or a shampoo & dry should be done before your pet departs.
Special Holiday Arrivals & Check Outs: Kozy Kennels does offer a special check out period on all holidays between the hours of 7:30 am – 9:00 am on the actual holiday date.
Payment: Payment in full is required at the time of checkout. We accept payment in the form of Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Debit Cards. We reserve the right to request a non-refundable deposit on all services.
Reservation Modifications: If you need to make changes to the number of days you have reserved to avoid being charged for the days reserved seven (7) days’ notice is required so we will have time to rebook the space that was reserved for your pet.
* The exceptions to this are Christmas and New Year’s. Changes for these holidays must be made by December 10th to avoid being charged for the days reserved.
Holidays – Pets with boarding reservations for February School Break, April School Break and Summer Break, Thanksgiving Break, and Christmas School Break, will be charged for all days reserved unless we receive a cancellation in a very timely manner.
What you should bring and should not bring with your pet:
Bedding : If you wish to bring his or her bedding please do not bring anything that can’t be washed with bleach as all articles brought in with pets will be returned clean for we frequently wash bedding belonging to a pet guest. No large beds please!
Items From Home: Pets use articles brought in with them as toys and chewing play things, so please do not bring any item which you do not wish to be chewed. We say NO to large foam or cedar filled pet beds which are very difficult for us to wash so we request that you leave them at home. Kozy Kennels provides rugs and fleece blankets to every pet.
Items from home might include toys, towels, small blankets, etc. for these items will contain your household smells and make the pet feel more comfortable while away from home. Please limit the number of items to 2 or 3 pieces. Label all items with your last name and the pet’s name. Do not bring your pet’s favorite toy. We will take every care with your pet’s possessions, but we will not be responsible for items lost or eaten. Keep in mind we do not guarantee return of these items – please only bring items you consider to be “disposable”.
Bowls: We use stainless steel bowls that are washed and sanitized after each use so you do not need to bring bowls from home.
Pet Diets: We strongly urge you to bring the food your pet is used to eating measured by individual meals in zip lock baggies labeled with your name and your dog or cats name. Please do not bring a 40 pound bag unless your pet is going to be staying long enough to eat an entire bag!
Veterinary Information: Please don’t forget your current vaccination records! Check above on this page to verify your pet has all the required vaccinations.
Leash and Collar: Please make sure when you arrive at Kozy Kennels, you bring your pet into the office on a leash (lock flexi leads before entering the building). For safety we remove all choke chains.
Emergency Contact Numbers: Every attempt will be made to provide the care necessary for your pet should an emergency occur. It is important that you leave a phone number where you can be reached or an emergency contact person so that communication between you and our veterinarian can take place in a timely manner. If there is an emergency, your pet will be seen by our veterinarian. Then we call you at the emergency number you provide. Please notify us about any pertinent medical history or problems with your pet.
If Someone Else Picks Up Your Pet For You: If you have made arrangements for someone else to pick up your pet from boarding. please let Kozy Kennels know who that authorized person is. We do not release pets to anyone other than the owner unless prior arrangements have been made.
Let Us Keep Your Pet Company
- On-site Veterinarian
- All-inclusive boarding rates
- Individual playtime in our spacious facilities
- Professional grooming & boarding services
- Friendly staff of pet enthusiast & professionals